Homestead Supplier, the trusted supplier of EZ Fit Sheds, is dedicated to providing you with a comprehensive guide to shed preparation prior to the assembly of your EZ Fit Shed. We understand the importance of proper site preparation to ensure a sturdy and durable structure that will stand the test of time.
By following our guidelines and instructions, you'll be well-equipped to create a solid foundation for your shed, guaranteeing a secure and long-lasting storage solution for your belongings. Whether you have a level ground or a sloped terrain, our step-by-step process will guide you through the site preparation process, ensuring a successful shed installation. Let's dive into the details and prepare your site for the assembly of your EZ Fit Shed.
Before you embark on assembling your EZ Fit Shed, it's crucial to prepare the site properly. Our site preparation guidelines will ensure the stability and durability of your shed.
For Level Ground:
- Start by marking off the area where you plan to install the shed, making sure the base is 12 inches wider than the shed on all four sides. This extra space allows for proper airflow and access during installation and maintenance.
- Dig out the top layer of sod within the marked area, removing approximately 3 to 4 inches to create a level surface for your shed. Use a shovel or a sod cutter to accomplish this.
- Fill the area with no. 8 or no. 57 limestone, providing a solid and stable base for your shed. Spread the limestone evenly and ensure it reaches the desired height.
- Use a rake or tamper to level the limestone surface, ensuring even distribution and compaction. This step prevents any unevenness or sinking of the shed's foundation.
For Sloped Ground:
- If your shed site has a slope, creating a level platform is necessary. Install horizontal treated 4x4s within the shed footprint, spacing them approximately every 6 feet.
- To level the shed platform, use vertical 4x4s on the high sides or concrete blocks on the low sides. Adjust the height of the 4x4s or concrete blocks until the horizontal 4x4s are level. This step may require some trial and error to achieve the desired levelness.
- Double-check the levelness of all 4x4s using a spirit level or a laser level. Make necessary adjustments to ensure the entire platform is level. A level platform is essential for the stability and longevity of your shed.
For Concrete Slab Placement
The shed can also be placed directly on a concrete slab if desired. To ensure a long-lasting and water-resistant structure, follow these steps:
Choose Pressure Treated Option: When selecting the shed, opt for the pressure-treated version. This treatment protects the bottom plate (bottom of the wall) of the shed, making it more resilient to environmental elements.
Proper Sizing of the Concrete Slab: For optimal results, ensure that the concrete slab is approximately 1/2 an inch smaller than the dimensions of the shed. This allows the bottom plate to rest securely on the perimeter of the slab while allowing the wall siding to extend slightly down the side of the slab. By doing so, you create a protective barrier that prevents rainwater from entering the shed.
- Larger Slab Option: In case you already have a larger concrete slab, don't worry! Just let us know, and our experts will attach the bottom plate at the bottom of the wall, ensuring a sturdy assembly even with a larger slab.
Please note that the above mentioned steps are in preparation for placing the shed on the optional floor kit that you can purchase from us (or you can build your own floor kit - we can provide you the material list on how to do this). Also remember that aside from the gravel site preparation, you can also place the shed on top of a concrete slab if you wish to. Another option is to prepare the site with patio stones or cinder blocks.
By following these site preparation steps, you'll create a solid foundation for your EZ Fit Shed. Homestead Supplier is committed to providing you with the knowledge and instructions you need to ensure a successful shed assembly. A level and stable base will not only make the assembly process easier but also guarantee that your shed remains structurally sound for years to come. Let's get started on preparing your site for your EZ Fit Shed assembly.