How To Make Your Cedarshed Last for Years
However, if you do wish to prolong the durability and longevity of the wood then you can use a number of exterior finishes. Here are a few recommendations along with their expected lifespans:
- Water-repellent preservative and fungicide infused oil - 1 to 2 years
- Semi-transparent Stain (Latex Oil-based) - 3 years
- Solid Color Stain (100% Acrylic Latex) - 4 -5 years
- Paint (100% Acrylic Formulation) - up to 10 years
This is a sample of a beautiful painted Cedarshed.
Please do note that these are estimates based on average locations in the United States and factors that may change the results such as weather and humidity.
Completely coating the outside of your Cedarshed will take one to two gallons of exterior finish. It’s our honest opinion that the interior is best left unfinished, but that decision is completely up to you.
No matter how much care you put into your shed, the fact of the matter is that since it is made with natural materials, it is not immune to wear and tear. But worry not, following these tips will significantly increase the lifespan of the wood and keep it looking as perfect as you first bought it:
- When it snows and rains, make sure to keep the roof clear of any debris. As a rule of thumb, check your roof after every extreme weather condition.
- Some discoloration will occur over time. Luckily, the most common cause of discoloration is simply dirt and can be easily brushed away with a mild detergent.
- Water stains occur, especially if you are located in an area prone to rainfall. Use an oxalic acid solution to easily remove the otherwise difficult stain.
We hope you can follow these tips and preserve the natural, classic beauty of your Cedarshed. Since its made with 100% Western Red Cedar, it is as natural as the flowers in your garden. As such, taking care of it will prove beneficial and will surely reward you with years, if not decades, of fond memories.Do you have a photo of your shed you’d like to share? We would love to see the beauty of a shed as well! If you can send us a photo of your shed to email@example.com – we would gladly feature this on our website.