1. Possible to do a taller door - something like 82" rough opening height?
Yes, we can frame an 82” high door opening in the wall on 7’ or 8’ high walls.
2. What is the Roof Overhang?
12 inches on all sides.
3. How many runners for the sheds?
An 8’ wide shed has 3 runners. 10’ and 12’ wide sheds have 4 runners.
4. Windows on EZ Fit Sheds, single or double pane?
5. Can the floor kit go on top of a concrete slab and if so, how large should the slab be?
Yes, you can build a wooden floor on top of a concrete slab if you want to.
6. What are the largest size containers that the pieces come in. h x w x depth?
As an example, A 12x24 shed will be shipped in 2 pallets. The 1st pallet is 50x83x64 weighing 1700 lb. The 2nd pallet size is 50x97x38 weighing 1700 lb. Please send us an email at info @homesteadsupplier.com for the other sizes.
7. What is the thickness of the plywood walls? Do you use T111 Plywood?
The smart side siding is 7/16 inch thick. It’s not plywood. It is an engineered wood treated to resist termites and fungal decay.
8. What is the thickness of the roof? Is the roof OSB or CDX?
The roof sheathing is 7/16” osb.
9. How long will it take to install the roof shingles and to paint the shed once assembled?
For an 8x12, 1 person can shingle it in 1.5 hours. Painting: 1 person = 4 hours. For a 12x14, 1 person can shingle in 3 hours. Painting = 7 hours
10. Is the floor package treated? If so, does it offgass?
The floor is 3/4” pro struct which is also treated to resist termites and fungal decay.
11. What is the total weight of the base kit?
As an example, for the 8x12 Riverside, base kit is 1800 pounds. Kindly send us an email at email@example.com for the other sizes.
12. What is the ramp length/width and what height difference does it take up (meaning what is the ultimate height from the concrete pad to the top of the threshold of the double doors)?
The ramp is 4 ½” high by the doors of the shed, It is either 60” wide or 72” wide and both are 42” deep.